As for me, highlights of the past five years would probably be my mission to Taiwan as number one, that was a pretty good time. I actually loved my time there and miss it a lot. I worked at the MTC for six months last year when I got home, which was also both pretty funny and the best job I've ever had. I have graduated from BYU (just a few months ago) in sociology and am moving to DC next week to go to school at George Washington University with a masters in public administration and the non-profit management emphasis. I'm debating on if I want to get a full or part time job while I'm there.
Right now I'm in Japan visiting my parents who are mission presidents in Sapporo and it's been great seeing them take on that role and really funny for me trying to remember Japanese. My listening is doing fine, but when I respond to people I throw in quite a few Chinese words here and there, which understandably causes confusion. My little sister Lauren is in the MTC learning Cantonese and heading to Hong Kong in three months. So, I guess we love both missions and Asia in my family.
I've done a few cool internships recently. I was in Huntington Beach last summer with a non-profit Corazon de Vida that does orphanage work in Mexico. I also did a quick stint with the international rescue committee (they work with refugees that come into America) and volunteered with my family with Amigos for Honduras a few months ago in Honduras.
Pretty much while I'm still relatively unattached my life has been run by working and saving enough to travel. So, it's working out well so far until I actually need to grow up.
I feel like the Provo chapter of my life has expired so I'm really excited to road trip and start a new adventure in DC (and of course to re-connect with all the London crew that is out there!)
Thanks Heidi for doing this!
I'm on facebook and my not-so-exciting blog is http://kristenjoysworld.blogspot.com (Linds peer-pressured me into making one). Miss you all!
2 comments:
Hey Lady, We're sure excited to have you in the DC area - you'll be a welcome addition. Best wishes at GW!
Wow, your life sounds so exotic! It sounds simply amazing to be able to travel that much!
Post a Comment