Friday, October 06, 2006

Lindsey I.


Hello SA friends, It's so fun to read all the updates. Here is a brief history of my life during the last three years. After London I worked for the university paper and then The Deseret Morning News. I graduated from BYU with a print journalism major / English minor, then interned with the editorial department of The United Nations Association in New York City (where I met Kofi Annan -- a major highlight of my internship).

Following NYC, I married Alan and moved to London. Alan is English. To make a long story short, I actually went on a couple dates with him in the last 3 days of SA. Crazy, I know. When I came home from London we were basically just emailing and obviously there was nothing serious going on. But then we kept visiting each other and 18 months later we were married. I promise it wasn't an internet romance...not that there is anything wrong with internet romances, but this wasn't one. Anyway, we were married in Mesa, AZ (we both have lots of family there) and a few weeks later headed to London. I worked for a legal magazine for a bit and then at a children's charity.

I am now a mother to a beautiful little girl, Isobel, who is almost 5 months. I love being a mother (not counting 3am wake-up calls), but probably because I'm madly in love with Izzy. I finally understand what previous moms meant when they said motherhood was the most rewarding job. Alan is a fabulous husband and father and we are a very happy family. As I'm typing this it's typical London weather - foggy and overcast. However, we did have a gorgeous, hot summer. It's crazy how living here has become so normal for me. Still, everyday is an experience in London and I could probably type incessantly about life here, but I won't. I love it and I hope some of you come out and visit very soon! I feel like SA changed my life in so many ways and I will forever be grateful for that experience (and I'm not just talking about my meeting my husband).

Lots of love, Lindsey

p.s. Sister Kristen Daniels is serving a mission in Taipei, Taiwan. She returns just before Christmas. If anyone wants her address, let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lindz, your little girl is so adorable. So cute.