I just read the following in yesterday’s Daily Universe in an article by Dave Schefcik entitled “Being indoors doesn’t limit fun”:
Romance seems to be quite the motivator for students using the fun resources of Outdoors Unlimited. Recent BYU graduate Erin Cowles, 23, said one particular outing she had involved riding a tandem bike. “My boyfriend and I used to go riding up to Provo Canyon, but this time we went up on the tandem bike and he proposed to me after the ride,” Cowles said. “Its fun that other people wave to you and you look like you are having a great time,” she said. “Renting the tandem bike is memorable and is good for exercise, so I guess it makes a great date.”
That’s the most information we ever got on Rob and Erin’s engagement. We had no idea they were addicted to tandem bike riding.
Cheers, Phil
Friday, October 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
In my defense, while I remember being interviewed by the Daily Universe, I distinctly remember not saying the majority of that (people that know me well know that I would never use the word exercise in a positive light...). Oh well, no one really expects the Daily Universe to be accurate anyways!
But yes, Rob did propose to me in the canyon when we were riding a tandem bike checked out from Outdoors Unlimited (not afterwords).
Post a Comment