Saturday, October 14, 2006

Jack


So, it is pretty awesome to hear how everyone is doing. It totally freaks me out that some of you are parents or almost parents or whatever, no offense. Well, my life has been pretty normal since London; I came back and finished my junior and senior years at Spanish Fork High School, where I may say many of my friends were jealous that I got to live in London with so many cool people (all my guy friends were especially jealous about the girl/guy ratio) I was also very inspired by our experiences at The Globe, so I tried out for the Shakespeare play when I got back and got the lead, (Falstaff in The Merry Wives of Windsor) I also competed Malvolio’s letter monologue from Twelfth Night and got ranked really highly at the Utah Shakespearean Festival, and then to round up my drama experience I took a playwriting class and wrote a play based loosely on the characters Leslie and I created around the many estates we visited. During my freshman year at BYU my drama teacher asked if the school could perform it for competition and they got ranked really highly at state with it. Holly, apparently you and I both haven’t gotten over Mark Rylance. So, it was a lot of fun to finish up high school and then I started at BYU last year. My freshman year was actually pretty fun, stressful but fun. I lived in the dorms with one of my best friends and met a ton of way awesome kids in our ward and my classes. I also met some great English kids who love that I know what they are talking in about when they reference The Tube, Jaffa Cakes, Marks & Spencer, and H&M among many things. I have continued doing Ballroom off and on and as far as the ladies…..let’s just say I have cut a wide swath among the female students at BYU, but I will say no more. So, I am now in my second year at BYU, I haven’t picked a major yet. Who knows what it will be; one minute an English major, then Print Journalism, followed by P.R, and then after a particularly touching E.R., Pre-Med. So who knows what my major will turn out to be. I am confident I will minor in French, but then again who knows. Well, that is all for now, I hope everyone is doing really well in all your different reaches of the world. I miss you all, London, and Wagamamas.

Loves-Jack

p.s. this is a picture of me and my best friend on my 19th birthday after a bit of a spending spree at The Buckle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my dear lord blakney!!! :)