Saturday, October 14, 2006

Dainan


It was great to hear about all of you. I am amazed to see how blessed each one of us has been over the course of the last three years. My life has been full of adventures since I decided to go to London. After coming home and graduating in the spring of 2005, I finally decided on a master's program.With a little help from Erin Hartigan I decided to go into Library and Information Sciences. It all started in London when we kept visiting the homes and palaces that had their own libraries. I fell in love with the few rare books I brought home and decided to be a rare books curator.

So, where did I go for library school? There aren't a lot of options around Utah/Idaho. Colorado has one as well as California, but I decided I might as well go somewhere more interesting and fun. And here I am in Hawaii. I've been here for a year now and am loving it to death. I feel so lucky to be here and even more lucky to be almost finished. Then I get to start a "real"job and start paying my loans back.

Before coming here, I flew over to Australia to visit my sister and her family. I spent three weeks over there going to many of the beautiful places near the Gold Coast. One of the best things I did was the Australia Zoowhere we saw Steve Irwin's wife (he was busy with the expansion project they were doing to the zoo to enlarge it for animals from Africa). His death was a tragedy.

Leslie Alridge already wrote that she had come over to visit Hawaii. We did so many things in the one week that she was here. I'm sure she would recommend that everyone visit the beautiful islands of Hawaii. If you want to read of my many adventures (and misadventures), read my blog: http://dainanskeem.blogspot.com/

I wish you all luck and success.
Dainan

1 comment:

Heidi said...

We went on our honeymoon to Kauai, have you been to that island yet? it was breathtaking, you must visit the Na Pali coast while you are over there!