Thursday, October 12, 2006

Holly


Wow--everyone is doing cool things! I love people like you!
I was not happy to be back at BYU after months of being way cooler than anyone I knew. After a semester of working and schooling full time, I opted to shelve the degree in favor of sanity and the pursuit of something new—work experience of course! . . . and cash money. Being a poverty-stricken post-Londoner sucked a little too much for me.

I took Summer 2004 off to intern in DC and scrounge rides off our very own Caroline, who was my best friend and savior. Now, I continue to work in marketing for great companies in Orem and Salt Lake—I get to travel a couple of weeks out of the month, so I have been lucky enough to visit Europe and Japan here and there . . . but never London. I know, right? What a bust.

After an interesting re-admissions process, I will finish my English degree part time over the next ten years (probably), with maybe a business minor thrown in. The plan is to move to London in the fall of 07 to help my Orem company launch their UK marketing office in our old hood, Notting Hill! We’ve projected that this could take two years at least, you know . . . I’m thinking maybe three, or ten . . . so Lindsey, I want to see that baby!

After London, it’s a mystery. I won’t be a corporate whore forever. I smell an MBA or maybe the law degree I was so excited about through that magical, beautiful, fateful fall of 03. In the meantime, I’m building a marketing consultancy with a former boss (the better for a “student’s” schedule, my dear), and teaching yoga in Sandy.

No boys—they can’t handle it. Besides, I never really got over Mark Rylance.
Miss you all!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Holly! Please come to London. So good to get the update. Remember English Lit days? Email me! Lindseyiorg@gmail.com

Cassandra said...

It's SO FUN to hear about you!! You look so beautiful- I laugh remembering what a fun person you are!!

Cassandra said...

This is Cassi(Clements) if you didn't know, email me

cassandraallred@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Holly babe! i want to catch up! e-mail me measem@byu.net!

Anonymous said...

Holly, I don't know if you even check this, but I think I saw you at my friend's ward yesterday. Anywho - I don't have your phone number anymore but you need to come play some soccer with us soon.

Peace -