Thursday, July 31, 2008

Alexis


So. Almost five years since London. Does it seem longer than that to anyone else?

Last August Gabe and I left the Prov and moved back to Las Vegas for a good/cheap housing opportunity and to be close to family. Certainly the most exciting thing to happen in our house in the last two years was the birth of our son just this past April. Heidi and I almost had twin Maxes because Max was one of our top name choices, but we decided we couldn't give our son the same name as my father-in-law's dog. So, we named him Theodore after my great-great-great-great grandfather (Ted Williams and Theo Epstein of the Boston Red Sox didn't hurt in Daddy's eyes). We call him Theo, and we think he's pretty cute.

Other than that, I FINALLY finished my thesis and will graduate with my English MA in a few weeks (Thank you Phil!). Right now I am a full-time momma looking for a part-time teaching gig. Gabe is working very hard as a store manager/new EQP/new Dad and is applying to MBA programs this year.

Can't wait to see what all of you are up to. You can blogstalk me at: lexoncabbagesandkings.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

How funny about Max! We loved the name but almost backed out of it once J. Lo and Christina Aguilera used it. I didn't want my babe to have a celebrity baby name! However we could not come up with another baby boy name we both liked so we stuck with it.

Lindsey said...

I love the name Theo! And your Theo is adorable.

Janice Lokhorst said...

You look amazing and you have a baby! And he is adorable. Alexis, it's been too long...I will blog stalk you