
Hello all! I just read the updates on the blog and it made me miss you all like crazy. I always tell people that going to London was the best thing I did in college...and I use the past tense there because I graduated in English Teaching at BYU last April!! I taught 8th grade English at Springville Jr. High last year as an intern and am currently teaching 8th and 9th grade English at Mountain Ridge Jr. in Highland, UT. I absolutely love my job. I'm not saying that teaching 13-15 year olds is the most emotionally stable environment to work in, but I'm sure NEVER bored at work (unless I'm in a dreaded faculty meeting or something :) ). It really is such a relief to actually enjoy what you went to college to do. On my classroom walls, I proudly display my poster of Shakespeare's tombstone, a poster of Big Ben, a teacloth of Shakespearean characters from Stratford-upon-Avon, and will hopefully assemble my paper model of the Globe before I teach Romeo and Juliet this spring. So, even my students can't escape my London memories! :)
I'm still living in Provo for the time being...my sort-of plan right now is to teach at Mtn. Ridge for at least one more year after this, and then I might end up in Washington, D.C., Seattle, WA, or somewhere in the middle. (Really specific, I know.) I'm still Ms. Reese for now, but I'm called Mrs. Reese so often by my students that I think I'm being inadvertently prepared for the day when I become an actual Mrs.... minus the whole last-name change, of course.
Well that's it for me... I really do love and miss you all! If you're reading this and you haven't written something yourself yet... just know that I'm sacrificing my duty to grade papers to write my little spiel, so you should get to work, too! :) I second the motion that at least us Provo-ites should get together, so make sure you write something so we know you're around. :)
Love Megan Reese
1 comment:
Last year I was Miss Hatch, Mrs. Hatch, Miss Barber, and Mrs. Barber. They don't seem get it :]
Post a Comment