Friday, October 06, 2006

Kristen L.

I'm so glad to finally hear about the great adventures we're all having! Here are some of my adventures of late...

After London, I moved in with Caroline and Alexis (and Emily Haymond) and launched into a degree in English and a minor in Editing. Fast forward to November 2004--less than six months before graduating footloose and fancy free--when I met Jason Gough, a drummer in a band ( http://www.thehandsome.com/ for all you indie rockers out there) and a student at the U (the horror!). We dated, were engaged by graduation and married that following August (and I have Caroline to thank for inviting him over to talk to us...) We spent the following year in Salt Lake while he finished up school and I worked as an Editorial Assistant at a health foods company in Park City. This past spring he was accepted to the Physical Therapy Doctoral program at Pacific University in Portland, OR and we made the leap. We're both west-coasters at heart so it's been a good move for us.

I am currently working at Nike Golf as an administrative assistant to the "golf ball team" and working on getting myself a job without "Assistant" in the title :) I don't golf AT ALL but luckily I have a dad and father-in-law who are quite pleased with my new job (read: free golf swag). Jason has three years left in school here and then who knows where we'll be. I've brought up the idea of moving to London but Jason still has some reservations (something about only being licensed to practice PT in the US--go figure). Regardless, I'll never forget what a fabulous time I had there with you all and I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for London...

Best Wishes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen
I miss you tons!!! Please write me and let me know how you are!
Em
ehaymond@hotmail.com