Saturday, October 07, 2006

Jennifer

Hi. Well, it seems like only yesterday I was frolicking through Hyde Park with my dear friend Danna...Where have the last three years gone?

To make a long story short, I came home from London feeling depressed and unmotivated (but significantly thinner--due to all the walking?). My life in Sacramento was NOT as cool as my life had been in London. Regardless, I made the best of it. Ryan (BYU '00), my best friend and boyfriend on even days, had discovered he REALLY did love me while I was gone and we were married in August of 2004. Ryan was forced to quit his job as a reporter/anchor so we could afford to eat and keep a roof over our heads while I finished school. He's heavily involved in California politics and is currently running the press for our favorite Lt. Governor and a few of the initiatives on this November's ballot. Politics is great--he travels to D.C. and NYC quite often and I get to tag along!

I'm finishing up my single subject teaching credential this semester. California makes you go BACK to school as a graduate student for 3semesters in order to get credentialed, so I feel like the eternalstudent. I'm currently teaching 10th and 11th grade English. It's killing me. I'm not sure I'm cut out for high school, but we'll see. It's the hardest thing I've ever done and I'm not even getting paid to do it, which makes it even harder. But, it's not all bad. I do have some good days. Some.

I'm also expecting our first child at the end of March. Sigh. Being pregnant is strange and not something I was totally ready for. However, after spending Monday-Friday with high schoolers, the idea of staying home to take care of something that can't talk back to me (at least for a few years) is sounding better and better. We are terrified of becoming parents, but excited for the challenge. We even have a station wagon. Anyway...that's my life. If you are ever in Sacramento, give us a call. Or, check out my blog at isntthatpleasant.blogspot.com (916)203-1131.
Jennifer Rauzon (Olsen)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Fun picture Jen. I need to visit you in Sac town

Lindsey said...

Ditto what Heid said. Cool pic.