Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Janice

Hey everyone! When I returned to Edmonton, Alberta, I too was depressed and missing London and all of you terribly. I continued to pursue my BSc. in Human Ecology since London, and just graduated this past June. When I wasn't in school, I was planning trips to hang out with you people! It was great to tour the lovely campus of BYU with Lisa, and stay with Caroline, Alexis and Emily and catch up with the rest of you found in Provo during my very first visit to Utah in February '04. Since then I also made a trip to D.C. to hang out with Caroline and Alexis, and one more trip to Utah again in the Spring '05. Last summer I also had an amazing opportunity to be in the Hill Cumorah Pageant with my family.

After graduating this past June, I lived in Montreal for five weeks to study French. In fact, it was my experience in London that has made me want to be bilingual. I believe it was right before we went to Paris, and someone said "Janice knows French, doesn't she?" and Ryan said something like, "NO, the only French she knows is what she reads on the back of a cereal box," and I've been ashamed to call myself Canadian ever since. Becoming fluent is now my life-long goal.

I currently work at the University of Alberta, here in Edmonton, as an office coordinator in a research centre. Last summer I worked part-time in a Student Services office on campus, and I think I'm discovering that my interests lie in administration and development in post-secondary education. So I'm networking hard and working hard, and trying to build a career path for myself at the U of A. I am currently not attached to any boy, and life is very full of options right now, (including accompanying my aunt to Oxford next year for three months to be a nanny!) so I just can't even guess what this year is going to bring. If any of you ever find yourself wandering north, please be in touch. The only people from SA who have made it this far are President and Sister Randall and Brock. I don't know when the Randall's will post a blurb, so I will just say that everyone in Edmonton LOVES them to pieces and thinks that they are doing an amazing job as mission president. They both work really hard and it is a blessing to have them in Edmonton. I see them fairly often and I will be sad when they go this summer.

It's been wonderful to hear from you all, keep in touch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janice, I miss you! I hope you come to Oxford next year

Anonymous said...

Janice!
What ever happened to our international road trip?!? I'm still here... just waiting...

Anonymous said...

Janice!
What ever happened to our international road trip?!? I'm still here... just waiting...

Anonymous said...

hmm... I'm not sure how that happened twice. I really need to learn how to work these things.