
Hey everyone! Just wanted to tell all of you that I miss you and that I love reading these little updates! It's been three years since our study abroad, but I still think about it all the time. It's so amazing to me how much my trip to London has changed my life. I think everyone should go on a study abroad! (And Nauvoo doesn't count.)
As for me, I graduated from BYU in August 2005. I think BYU basically had to push me off its premises---I was terrified of graduation and entering the real world! But after multiple letters from the administration that gently nudged me towards a graduation date, I decided to take the plunge and become a BYU alumnus. I am now a proud owner of BA in History. Absolutely useless? Not entirely... :o)
After I graduated, I interned at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC for a summer. I know, I know, how geeky! But it was fun to work with quirky curators who love Carl Sagan and Star Trek. I started working full-time at the museum in January and have enjoyed it thus far. I'm much more of an art museum type rather than an air-and-space kind of girl, but I love working in a museum. (If you're wondering, we at the museum were all in mourning about Pluto's demoted status.)
It's kind of funny, but I'm really supposed to be in London right now. A few months ago I was accepted into the London School of Economics for a Masters programme in history. I was gearing up to head off to London (I even had signed up for classes and signed a lease for a little tiny flat), but then I met THE BOY. (ie Justin) I decided to defer a year to give this relationship a shot and lo and behold, things are going really well. Admittedly however, there are times when I crave hobnobs and Tina's hot fudge and Tesco and H&M. Being in love is great but it doesn't fill you up like a good hobnob! And speaking of H&M, have you guys noticed how much better it is in London than in the States? Seriously...I am disappointed in American H&Ms.
Anyway, that is my life in a little nutshell. Please feel free to send me an email (carolineltung@gmail.com) or check out my silly blog ( carolineinspace.blogspot.com).
Love,
Caroline
3 comments:
I would like to say that I appreciate even an American H&M when I can get to one. Not everyone is as lucky as our lovely Ms. Caroline to live in shopping distance of one. :)
Caroline - I think working at the air and space museum is very cool.
Caroline,
I miss ya!! I am glad to hear that you are so happy! I hope that continues! Drop me a line!
em
ehaymond@hotmail.com
Post a Comment