Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Alexis

It is so wonderful to see/read about you all. It sounds like everything is going really well for all of you, and I am so excited about all of your amazing missions, educational pursuits, marriages, jobs, etc. I have to say that we are a pretty amazing group.

As Kristen mentioned, after London I moved in with Caroline, Kristen (formerly Lamprecht), and Emily Haymond. The year after London was spent mostly in the library with occasional breaks to discuss American Idol and the Enola Gay with Caroline and Kristen. I met my husband, Gabe, the same year that Kristen met Jason. Gabe is from Vegas also (although we didn't know each other before) and is studying English Language. Gabe and I started dating in January of 2005. I graduated in April. I started the English MA program at BYU in September. Gabe and I got engaged in November and married in May. Phew...

Nowadays I am in my second year of the Masters program. I am workingon getting my thesis started, which deals with American literature of the Vietnam War. I am also teaching freshman composition and TAing forone of Phil's American literature courses. Supposedly I am also applying to PhD programs this semester; we'll see what happens. So those are some of the things I have done in the past three years. One of the things I have not done is go back to London, which is very sad. I hope to remedy that shortcoming some time soon.

So good to hear from all of you. Still-in-Provo people, I vote for the reunion.

Much love, Alexis (Turley) Middleton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lex,
I want to see you!!! I am so happy for you, I am excited to hear more of yours and Gabe's story!
Em
ehaymond@hotmail.com