So, the big news of this summer is . . . I'm going BACK TO ENGLAND! That's right, although I'm not going to London, I'm going back to the Motherland. I'll be in Cambridge at Cambridge University for two months (July thru August) for a research program. I'll be studying European Art and Politics as well as 17th Century Lit. I'm excited and a little nervous. The program is supposed to be rigorous, but also very helpful in preparing for a post-graduate degree in the UK, which is what I'm aiming for. I'll come back in September (after school has started. . .) and teach Jr. High English in American Fork, UT while applying for grad schools and taking the GRE. Sound like fun? Oh, it gets better. I'm also running my FIRST marathon (26.2 baby!) two weeks after getting home. I hope I live through the summer. Anyway, I love you all and hope things are going well. Also, look for some great pictures of our London reunion in D.C this summer. Megan R., Kim M., Erin U., and I met up in old Alexandria for a little N'Oleans cookin'. It was so fun. Have a GREAT summer. I'll give an update when and if I survive this next European jaunt. Ciao!
-Marianne
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment