Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Marshalls

Life is never fair and neither is the assignment that Sis. Marshall and I have to accept this summer. We will be returning to London and living in the center for summer term as that group will only have two faculty for their program rather than the usual three. Study abroad was willing to rent us the little flat for six weeks of Tina’s food, all the art the city has to offer, and no responsibilities to 40 students. I do have to do a couple of things for my department here, but primarily we will have no obligations except to ourselves. After directing over 10 study abroad groups we deserve the city without the stress of being in charge. Yes, you were all wonderful, and we will think of you often while there, but....

Next year will probably, ok I think definitely, be my last year at BYU. We have decided to retire Jun of 08. That will make 39 years at BYU. I have loved every minute of it and leave with some trepidation and anxiety.

While I don’t think I have to worry about being called as a mission pres. , we will definitely initiate mission plans shortly there after. That is if Janice can stand to be around me for that much time.

We thank all of your for keeping updates with your lives.

The Marshalls

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I think it is safe to say we are all a bit envious! Have fun