Hey friends,It's hard to believe that three years have passed since our adventures in London. What a great and unique time that was in our lives. I am definitely grateful that I had the opportunity of being over there and of meeting so many wonderful people.
Here's the past three years in a paragraph. I left about three weeks after we got home for my mission in Ecuador. What an experience that was. I learned so much about myself, the gospel and fell in love with the wonderful Ecuadorian people. I am grateful everyday that I was able to serve a full-time mission and for my experiences in South America. I arrived home in July of 2005 to my boyfriend Jimmy Shaha that many of you may have heard about while in London. We dated, broke up, tried again, I got scared, dated some more, got engaged and married in December of 2005. We are living in Orem and are both finishing at BYU. I will graduate in December with a degree in marketing and advertising and he will be done in April. We both have callings working with the youth and are loving that. I am currently working at a small ad agency in Provo and am really enjoying that. Jimmy surprised me with a trip back to Ecuador this past summer and I loved that. It was so fun to share my mission with him and all of the wonderful experiences. We are now trying to get back down to his mission in Mexico before real life starts for us. He is in the midst of interviewing for medical school and we will most likely be moving next summer for our next adventure. I'll have to keep you posted as to where that is.
Life is good. I feel so blessed as I type this for all of the wonderful experiences that the Lord has blessed me with. London is without a doubt on that list of blessings. Thanks to everyone for making that such a great experience. I hope that the you are all happy and that life is becoming what you had hoped. I would love to get in touch, and then keep in touch with you all.
Much love,
Erin Oakeson Shaha (Shay-hay)
1 comment:
my mom said she met you at the post office! small world!
Post a Comment