Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Emily H.

There is hardly a day when I don’t think fondly of our London experiences.What a difference it has made in my life. One can scarcely believe that it was three years ago that we were there. I love hearing how much everyone’s lives have been going these last three years.L ike Kristen Lamprecht Gough said, she, Alexis, Caroline and I were roommates when we got back from our European adventure. It was as if London didn’t quite stop for a few months, what a blast! While I was with them I did some soul searching and found a focus for my very fun but liberal arts degree of American Studies. I decided that I was going to focus on receiving a masters in Museum Studies when I finally get out of BYU. After making that decision I was lead to the opportunity to intern with the Museum of Art here on campus and get some hands-on experience.

Having dismissed the idea of serving a mission back in January 2004, a very inspired mother got me thinking about a mission in July of 2004. Before I could even think about it I picked up my papers and within a month—to exact day—I had my call. I served a mission in the only the best mission in the world, Chile Osorno (and Steven Cowles will back me up). What a great experience it was tracking on the Straits of Magellan (during winter---the penguins aren’t even there in the winter!!!) and watching people change their lives! I am so gratefulfor all of the London girls that went before me; your examples really did help me make my decision. I fell honored to be numbered among you all. I got home four months ago (fortunately without many issues—i.e. language,being socially abnormal) and I am back here at the Y. I picked up a business minor, so I should be out of here sometime next fall… If BYU doesn’t kick me out first. I love you all so much and I am excited to hear what is going on in your lives.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Emily- it's so fun to get an update! I've thought about you so many times the past three years! You're doing such great things and look so beautiful.